Synthomer's WINGSTAY® antioxidants have been protecting rubber and plastic goods from thermal oxidation for years. These products are often referred to as "age resistors," because they can extend an end product's life cycle and reduce service life costs.
WINGSTAY antioxidants deliver a range of direct and indirect performance attributes to end-use products, including the desired protection from softening, hardening, brittleness and stickiness.
These products are used in diverse applications:
- Latex-based products (gloves, elastic threads, carpet backing and foams)
- Polymer stabilization (SBR, CR, IR, NBR and BR)
- Plastic (ABS) and TPE compounds
- Industrial rubber products and tires
- Agrichemistry (intermediates)
- Adhesives (pressure sensitive and hot melt)
WINGSTAY antioxidants are available in a number of different grades, which offer varying levels of resistance to staining and discoloring, as well as degradation due to oxidation.WINGSTAY antioxidants will not hydrolyze in the presence of moisture, because of their hindered phenol structure. The liquid grades can be readily emulsified to form stable emulsions.